Monday, January 3, 2022

Bout of Books 33 Updates


This post will serve as my update post for Bout of Books 33. I will post my daily reading for Monday through Saturday. Sunday's reading will be included in my final wrap up post next Monday. I don't track pages read because with audiobooks that's just silly. I do track my total time spent reading.

Monday Reading: 

I had a total of 2 hours and 40 minutes of reading today.

I listened to audiobooks for 38 minutes. I finished listening to My Name is Markham by Jodi Taylor, narrated by Piers Wehner. it’s a short story from Taylor’s Chronicles of St. Mary’s time travel adventure series. It was a lot of fun (just like the rest of the series. I started listening to The Joy and Light Bus Company by Alexander McCall Smith narrated by Bianca Amato. This is the 22nd book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series.  I have listened to the whole series except the last book. I adored Lisette Lecat’s narration of the books but they changed narrators with book 21. The reviews clearly indicated that the new narrator was not good so I read the print edition of that book. With this new one there is once again a new narrator but the reviews are much more positive this time around. I only listened to a little bit of the book but so far I’m enjoying listening to Bianca Amato.

In print, I read for 2 hour and 2 minutes. I finished reading The Housewife Assassin’s Killer App by Josie Brown. This series is completely ridiculous but a lot of fun. I also read some of In a Holidaze by Christina Lauren. I started it before Christmas but didn’t get very far before getting sidetracked with holiday stuff. 


Tuesday Reading:

Today’s reading was all print reading with no audiobook time. I read for a total of 3 hours and 10 minutes. All of that time was reading In a Holidaze.  It’s been a.fun book and I’m looking forward to seeing how it ends tomorrow.

Wednesday Reading:

Today I got 4 hours and 19 minutes of reading in. Yay. 2 hours and 30 minutes of that was print reading. I finished reading In a Holidaze. It was a fun, cute holiday Rom Com. I started reading Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne. We started watching the Masterpiece TV adaptation starring David Tennant. and I realized that I'd never read the book. Luckily the ebook was available from the library. 

I listened to my audiobook for and hour and 48 minutes. I started a new jigsaw puzzle and that always means good audiobook time. 

Thursday Reading:

Today my to do list interfered with my reading time but I still managed to get a total of 2 hours and 48 minutes of reading.  

48 minutes of that was listening to my audiobook. I’m enjoying listening to Bianca Amato narrate The Joy and Light Bus Company.

The remaining 2 hours was reading Around the World in 80 Days. I’m glad I’m finally reading this one. 


Friday Reading:

I managed 3 hours and 25 minutes of reading today.

2 hours and 43 minutes of that was listening to my audiobook while running errands and working in a jigsaw puzzle.

42 minutes was reading Around the World in 80 Days. 


Saturday Reading:

Today I got 3 hours and 27 minutes of reading in. 

I listened to my audiobook for 2 hours and 8 minutes while working on my jigsaw puzzle. 

I read Around the World in 80 Days for an hour and19 minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bout of Books 34 Wrap Up

I didn't read nearly as much for this Bout of Books as I did for the one in January but I'm OK with that. It was a weird week wi...