Monday, May 9, 2022

Bout of Books 34 Updates


This post will serve as my update post for Bout of Books 34. I will post my daily reading for Monday through Saturday. Sunday's reading will be included in my final wrap up post next Monday. I don't track pages read because with audiobooks that's just silly. I do track my total time spent reading.

Monday Reading: 

I had a rather underwhelming kickoff to Bout of Books this time around. We had been at the coast for a long weekend and Monday was time to head home. So between packing up, driving home with several stops for meals and errands, then unpacking once we got home there was very little reading time.

I did manage 48 minutes of total reading time so it wasn’t a completely book free day. I’m reading The Wisteria Society of Lady Scoundrels by India Hilton and it’s utterly delightful. 

Tuesday Reading:

Today I had several appointments and errands all over different parts of town so at least that meant I got some quality audiobook time. 

I had a total of 2 hours and 52 minutes of reading.
1 hour of that was print reading in The Wisteria Society of Lady Scoundrels.
1 hour and 52 minutes was listening to And the Rest is History by Jodi Taylor narrated by Zara Ramm. It’s the 8th book in her Chronicles of St. Mary’s series bout a group of time traveling historians.

Wednesday Reading:

2 hours and 25 minutes of reading for Wednesday. 
28 minutes of that was listening to And the Rest is History
1 hour and 57 minutes of reading Thw Wisteria Society of Lady Scoundrels 

Thursday Reading:

A busy day of doing things other than reading. I ended up with a total of 1 hour and 40 minutes of reading. 
36 minutes of that was listening to And the Rest is History 
The remaining hour and 4 minutes was print reading. I finished The Wisteria Society of Lady Scoundrels. It was whimsical, adventurous, funny, witty, and just delightful. I started The Swimmers by Julie Otsuka. I liked her first two books quite a bit and have been looking forward to starting this one.

Friday Reading:

2 hours and 1 minute of reading. 
36 minutes of that was listening to And the Rest is History 
1 hour and 26 minutes of reading The Swimmers. 

Saturday Reading:

Eurovision was in so that’s how I spent my afternoon instead of reading. And I don’t regret it one bit. Eurovision is so delightfully bananas 

1 hour and 43 minutes of reading. 
1 hour and 20 minutes of that was listening to And the Rest is History while working on a jigsaw puzzle.
23 minutes was reading The Swimmers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bout of Books 34 Wrap Up

I didn't read nearly as much for this Bout of Books as I did for the one in January but I'm OK with that. It was a weird week wi...